2021 Annual Sponsor Research Review
See the 2021 SERC ANNUAL RESEARCH REVIEW (sercuarc.org) announcement for further information and to register.
Mr. Christopher C. O’Donnell
Performing the Duties of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition
Mr. Chris O’Donnell is currently performing the duties of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Acquisition. In this position, he advises the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment (USD(A&S)), the Deputy Secretary of Defense, and the Secretary of Defense on matters relating to the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition System, acquisition program management, and the development of strategic, space, intelligence, tactical warfare, command and control, and business systems.
Prior to coming to the Pentagon, he was the Head of the Acquisition and Technology Department, at the Naval Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division. He led a group of scientists, engineers and technicians that develop, test, acquire and maintain equipment for the over 5,000 Joint Service Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technicians. He has received the Office of the Secretary of Defense Medals for Exceptional and Meritorious Civilian Service, two Navy Superior Civilian Service Awards, a David Packard Excellence in Acquisition Award, a Secretary of Defense Award for Excellence and a Naval Sea Systems Command Collaboration Award. He is married to Amy, the Deputy Technical Director at the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head. Their three children are Alan, a Virginia Tech Electrical Engineer; Calaa, a University of Washington Architect; and Caitie, a Clemson Electrical Engineer.
PANEL ON AIRC SYSTEMIC IMPACT
Preceding the Panel, the following three briefings discussing systemic issues around acquisition innovation were delivered:
– “Digital Acquisition & Sustainment: A Vision and Strategy for Improving Outcomes” by Dr. Philip S. Antón, AIRC Chief Scientist
– “Transforming Public-Private Ecosystems: Understanding and Enabling Innovation in Complex Systems” by Dr. William “Bill” B. Rouse, Georgetown University
– “Acquisition Policy Test Range and Operations ” by Dr. Dennis K. McBride, Virginia Tech
– Jeannette Evans-Morgis, SES, Chief Systems Engineer, Department of the Army
– Paul Mann, SES, Chief Systems Engineer, Department of the Navy
– Mark Krzysko, SES, Principal Deputy Director, Data & Analytics, OUSD(A&S)
– Philomena Zimmerman, Director, Engineering Tools and Environments, OUSD(R&E)
Moderated by Dr. Dinesh Verma, Executive Director, AIRC
– All event attendees are expected be fully vaccinated before coming to the Club for any reason. Visitors may be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result taken within the last 72 hours.
– Complete the screening process and have your temperature scanned. (A fever is generally described as a body temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit.) Entry may be denied based on results of screening.
– Per DC Mayor Bowser’s Order #2021-097, effective July 31, 2021 the District of Columbia requires all persons over the age of two (regardless of vaccination status) to wear a mask or face covering in all indoor spaces, except when actively consuming food or drink.
– Practice proper hygiene and sanitization including hand washing and the use of touchless hand sanitizer dispensers throughout the Club in accordance with CDC recommendations.
LEARN MORE: National Press Club Safety Protocols